http://arizonaheartspoetry.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Window To My Soul

Sharon - 12/3/09

Still waters run deep, So do people
I’ve always been good at holding it all together
But the older I get the more I have to hold
Suck it up, keep it in, it could be worse
But it could be so much better

Just what does a ‘breakdown’ consist of? This I do not know.
What I do know is I feel suffocated, can’t breathe
Paralyzed, unable to extricate myself from this situation
Terrified of the next move, but I know it has to come
Give up, walk away, put it all behind you, just LEAVE

Sob myself to sleep, wake up with eyes swollen closed
Eye cream, makeup, cold packs, take away the evidence
My brave face is what the outside world always sees
Hide it all, show no one, keep it all inside
I am a master at camouflage and outward appearance

But after I’ve cried, the eyes don’t lie
Tears wash away the filter, and the whole world can see
Inside, behind, into my mind and beyond to my soul
Emotional nudity, exposed to everyone
The window to my soul lies open, and what you see is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment