http://arizonaheartspoetry.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good Riddance to a Bad Decade

It's the last day of the year, and in a few short days I'll also be another year older.

Looking back on the last 10 years, I wish I could say I've enjoyed them all. But, they've been difficult, to say the least.

Over the last decade I have:

Lost my 1st husky, Niki

Became a caretaker to my Mother

Found and then lost one of my greatest loves

Found one of the greatest places to work I've ever had,

Then that place fell apart.

Found what I thought were awesome coworkers and friends

Then found out that they weren't what they seemed

Had 4 knee surgeries

Had 2 other surgeries, one that came with a breast cancer scare

Lost my 2nd Husky Sheba

Put my Mom in a nursing home, and watched her rapidly deteriorate, until she begged me to let her die.....and then carried out her wishes.

Engaged in a battle with my only child over just about everything...and still are at war

Lost my 16 year old Cat, Smokey



A lot of bad stuff, indeed. But, now that this decade is only minutes away and ticking by rapidly, I've decided that all of that bad stuff is now going away. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

So, I've purged my home of many things that I feel are cluttering up my life, in symbolism of ridding myself of what I no longer want or need.

All good, from now on!

So, in practice of this new philosophy, I will start with bringing to the forefront what was good for me in the past decade, in spite of how much was very bad.



I learned TaeKwonDo, and as a result of achieving 3rd degree Black Belt, and 7 State Champ titles, I discovered my potential and my abilities, and learned a whole new concept of confidence and pride.

I found my passion for animal medicine

I found a Husky PUPPY, my sweet angel puppy Maija, who has been the light of my life.
I discovered in the betrayal of some friends, the true friends I do have
I rescued a beautiful, loving, gentle soul, my newest husky, Jax, who is quickly becoming the second light of my life.

I reconnected with old friends on Facebook

I discovered TWITTER, and as a result of my latest addiction, have some of the best twitter family in the world. LOVE YOU GUYS.

I reunited with a childhood neighbor and close friend of my Mom's from when I lived in Chicago, Danny, and his Mom, and visited them in San Antonio, and it moved me to tears to be that close to a piece of the old days when I had a Mom and a Dad. It was like having a little piece of my Mom back.

I learned how to ride a motorcycle, and as a result have a BEAUTIFUL 2007 Night Rod Special that is my biggest obsession to date, which makes me feel indescribably fantastic!
And I've learned what I am NOT and what I don't like or need.


And I've begun to blog, to put my creativity to use, and to help purge my never stopping thoughts from my head, and I hope that it will help me rest from now on.

So, as the decade closes, and I've purged what I no longer want or need from my life...
BE GONE: sadness, lonliness, insecurities, feeling unloved, anger, fear, guilt, anxiety, worries

I ask God, and the Universe for a new decade full of positives.
Happiness
Good Friends
To Love and Be Loved
Health
Financial independence
And a long, and joyful existence
Not just for me, but for all the ones I love and care about on this earth

Let the new decade be good to us all!

1 comment:

  1. Taking the good with the bad...But focusing on the positive is wonderful!
    I wish nothing but the best for you from here on out! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete