http://arizonaheartspoetry.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mysterious Ways

So, as it seems, if you read my last post, I'm having a hell of a time staying on the positive end of the spectrum. Some days are not only challenging, but near impossible! I have things bombarding me on every level of my existence.


What got me through? After the sobbing and tears, I consoled myself with this:



Everything happens for a reason...the good and the bad.

i.e. I cursed the heavens that my Mom didn't die when she became sick, and that she told me she wanted to die, and I had to be the one to request no further medical intervention for a simple upper respiratory infection until it stopped her from breathing. It could've been treated with antibiotics in the hospital. But my 63 year old mother had been declining in a nursing home for 3 years, and now was all but incapacitated completely, and didn't want to live helplessly dependant on caregivers. I was so angry at God and the Universe for making me responsible for making this choice, I wanted it out of my hands. But, as a result of her semi recovery from the first illness, in a moment of complete clarity she told me and my son that she loved us, and we told her how much we loved her. And she made a final request of me, and I gave her the gift of doing exactly what she wanted. Awful, horrible, upsetting, and tragic, but a reason for the pain.

and


God and the Universe works in mysterious ways

i.e. Before my Mom got sick, when I found out my husky, Sheba had cancer, I had been looking into Alaskan Klee Kai puppies. (Miniature huskies) I wanted a little husky, with less of a coat, a female, but the rare breed was too expensive for my blood. So I searched husky rescue for a stray that would be good with cats (a needle in a haystack). I had to put Sheba to sleep the beginning of July, my Mom passed in the beginning of October. Approximately 2 months after my Mom passed, 6 days after Christmas, and 3 days before my Birthday, an approximately 2 month old female husky puppy all but appeared from out of the ether. I was working, and someone carried her in and said, I found this puppy in the parking lot, does it belong to anyone?
The pictures you see were taken the day she was found. Fully grown, she only weighs abut 49 pounds, is petite, and has a light coat. Coming to me in a devastated period of my life, losing a job, friend/coworkers, volatile relationship with my son, and losing my Mom that way, I was all but inconsolable. This puppy was, and still is my JOY, the light of my life, my happiness. Talk about mysterious ways!











And, this March, in the beginning of another volatile time in my life, a small red male husky was brought to my attention at a high kill shelter. I intended to foster him, but he was sick. I treated him for heartworm, as a result of the discomfort of the injection in his back, he threw himself in my lap with his head on my chest, I held him like a baby and he just stayed there in my arms. And in that instant, he became mine. He's a patient, tolerant, calm (rare for a husky) gentle boy, and has quickly become the 2nd light of my life. And, has become a personal play toy for my Maija, they are joined at the shoulder and inseparable.
Mysterious ways indeed!




And now, in spite of the chaos going on at home, I am planning two vacations, BOTH paid for by friends. I have been given the gift of having chosen the BEST friends I could ever ask for.
And now I get to go see some of my awesome new Twitter friends, and I can't wait!
So....even when it's bad...I try to remind myself of the good, and tell myself to trust in God's and the Universe's Divine timing, and trust that it will all work out right in the end. My horoscopes (Capricorn) all say that this is my year, to make changes and get what my heart truly desires.

So, my mantra, trust in timing, and this is MY year...good things to come.
GOOD things to come :)

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more - God works in mysterious ways :)
    As you know, I too am trying to be more positive this year. We'll be supportive of each other :)

    ReplyDelete