http://arizonaheartspoetry.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I still believe

Over the course of my 40+ years I've learned that I have a good intuition about things. I've had moments where something 'strange' has happened as a precursor for some big event that occurred in my life. I didn't 'know' what it was at the time, but after the fact I 'got it'. For instance, the night my before my grandfather died (he was in the hospital after surgery)at 2 a.m. I bolted up from a sound sleep and my right leg itched like mad. I had no idea what it was. Later that morning, I got a call saying his kidney's were failing, and that I should make the 90 minute drive up north to be with him. He passed away later that afternoon. I have no other way to explain being awakened from a sound sleep by an itch.

I've had 'feelings' about people many times. Usually that sinking 'I don't like him or her, I have no reason, I've never met them, but something is there I don't care for' feeling. I've always given people the benefit of the doubt and tried not to dismiss people based on some unfounded 'feeling', but I've almost always have come to find that feeling was justified. But, still, although I know better, I choose to set aside those feelings just in case I'm wrong. And they've almost always proved me right about those people.

Have you ever felt so strongly about something or someone that you were all but certain? Do you tell yourself you could be wrong, or do you go with your gut feeling, believing it could be no other way? Trust your instincts they say...but what if they lead you in the wrong direction?

I am certain that there is a love out there for everyone. Sometimes you only find one true love of your life, and some are fortunate to find it more than once. I believe in soulmates. I believe in meant to be.

Who is a soulmate? They're out there, a rare, and precious find.
He loves her more than he ever thought he could love someone. He loves her more than he's able to wrap his mind around. He thinks about her every single day. He can't keep himself away. He looks intensely at her, past her eyes and into her heart and soul. He can see even the slightest fleeting thought that runs through her mind because he is so observant. He touches her like she's the most delightful thing he has ever imagined. He holds her so tight she can't move, and she doesn't want to. He loves her with an urgency and intensity as if he needs her to breathe. A simple kiss from him will draw all the air out of her lungs, and a whispered I love you in her ear will send a chill straight into her heart, and down to her knees, making them barely able to hold her up. And he begs her to say I love you over and over because he can't get enough of hearing her say those words. He asks her to call when she gets home, he wants her to be safe. He's protective, feels like she's HIS and only his, but not in a obsessive way. He feels special because she loves him and only him. He makes her feel special every single moment they're together. He savors her beauty and tells her so, enough to make her believe she's the most precious thing he's ever laid his eyes upon. And when they're together, it is breathless and urgent, yet time stands still, and flies at the same time.

THAT'S what I'm certain a soulmate is.

No comments:

Post a Comment