http://arizonaheartspoetry.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Personal Inventory


I'm making my own list and checking it twice!
The year is drawing to a close, and so another birthday looms as well.
I've decided to take stock of my personal traits as I see them, and try to make sure the good list is the longer one!


The Good

Passionate
Loving
Enthusiastic
Cconfident, sometimes
Perfectionist
Loyal to a fault
Animal lover
Generous
Giving
Understanding
Caring
Tolerant
Good at advice
Contemplative
Smart
Witty
Funny
Talkative
Articulate
Intuitive
Active
Intense
People pleaser
Adventurous
Creative/Artistic
Industrious
I think I'm a pretty good cook :)

The bad

Impatient
Short fused, sometimes very short!
Demanding/needy
Enthusiasm makes me seem full of myself
Often insecure
Perfectionism=Too high standards
I don’t give my whole self easily
Over think everything
Sometimes a smart ass
Sometimes I talk too much
Intuitiveness leads to bad vibes from some people
Friends can’t usually keep up with me
People interpret my intensity & contemplativeness (don't think that's a word lol) wrong
Sometimes I need to learn to say no

The Ugly (sometimes ugly for me, sometimes for others)

Sometimes mistrusting
I can be loud
Self deprecating
Far too hard on myself
Insecure
Potty mouth :(
My over-tolerance explodes after too much
I’m not good at self advice
My mind never stops thinking
I sometimes tell people too much
Can be antisocial if I have bad vibes about someone
Can’t sit still, even on crutches
My intensity makes people think look angry
I almost never totally relax
Neurotic
In the course of people pleasing, I get taken advantage of far too often
I'm a moody artistic type


As the years go by I'd like to think that I'm getting better, and even knocking something off the bad list, and adding to the good. Sometimes I think that I'm succeeding. But sometimes I'm afraid I've added something to the bad one! I believe that as I have aged, I've become more understanding, but sometimes I fear that I'm becoming much less tolerant of things.
Just some thoughts to ponder, and some stuff to work on. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, maybe confession is good for the soul. Let's all check our lists again at the end of next year and maybe we all will have less bad & ugly!

    Ride on,
    Torch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!
    (FYI...I think we are all our own worst critic and I don't think anyone is good at self advice. I know I'm not! I'm excellent at giving advice, but horrible at following my own!)
    Some of those "ugly" things aren't so bad, I can see the good side on some of those things ;)

    ReplyDelete