http://arizonaheartspoetry.blogspot.com/

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Trapped in a box

I'm trapped in a glass box
I can see everything, and everyone can see me

The glass is deceiving though
An invisible force
To everyone else, I look just fine
But on the inside, I am completely not

The outside, to me, appears perfectly nice
So much to see, so much to love
So much that is better out there than is in here
Or is it that deceiving glass again?

I'm like a loaded gun,
I can be a weapon
With a single motion I can be free
But, is free all it's cracked up to be?
My fear, he always tells me it isn't

What if....
What if I am free, only to find,
The glass has distorted the outside?
What if I get out there and realize it's worse?
That damned fear, he controls my mind!

Fear is an interesting thing
Fear nothing, and you're not alive
Fear everything, and you're not living
Fear can be learned, but, fear can be imposed
No matter which way, fear can be paralyzing

Freedom comes with a price
Once you've shattered the box, you can't go back inside
What do I have to do
To stop him from taking over me?

A leap of faith
I long to take it
It's all I think about
It's too easy to get used to the pain
My foot keeps getting closer to the edge
My weapon aimed at that damned deceiving glass
But, the invisible force, he holds me back


My heart whispers:

Pull the trigger

Take the leap

Breathe the air

Look fear in the eye and tell him I just don't care!

author....Me

No comments:

Post a Comment