http://arizonaheartspoetry.blogspot.com/

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shades Of Grey

Shades of melancholy grey
filled my world as you went away.
Rooms filled with deafening silence.

My mind races with wishes and fear
Empty arms outstretched, aching to hold you near

Green eyes heavy with sadness
Tormented and craving

Without you
waves of lonliness crashing all around

The weight of my world suffocates me
My soul is dark now, you were my gravity.

With you, my heart is full
my soul shines, my heart soars.
Memory is a fact of the soul.

Lifting my heavy cloak to reveal my wounds
I say to you "Love answers need."
I long to shed this cloak,
step outside my skin,
kneel naked before you in all vulnerability,
and wait for you to take me in.


I gave to you all of me.
I fulfill it because I contain it.
It prevails because it is within me.
And I say to you with the purest of love on my tongue
you, and only you
were
the
one

(This is an oldie, I can't even remember when I wrote this)

2 comments: