http://arizonaheartspoetry.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Learning to celebrate ALL that I am.

We all have quirks, traits, pet peeves, reflex reactions, and instincts. Good or bad, desirable or undesirable, they make us who we are.

  • Me, I’m a chronic thinker, and I worry too much. But, it makes me prepared for what might come my way. I like to plan, and know what’s going to happen, so I’m as well equipped as I can be to handle what’s next.

  • I’m stubborn, but that means I will stick with something until all avenues are exhausted, I give my best effort and then some.
  • Some might see me as a know it all, but really, I just have tons of ideas and a lot of excitement and passion to see if I can do something and if it will make a difference.
  • I’m impulsive, and impatient, I like to go out and get what I want or need as soon as possible.
  • I can be insecure about some things, but it's merely a result of past experience, and it shows that I don't believe that I'm all that. I know I'm worthy because I give my all, but I'm not so arrogant that I'm certain there is nothing better.
  • I’m eager to please, and love to be valued, which, sometimes makes me more selfless than I should be.
  • I may be needy, but it only means that I feel so strongly that I crave and desire something so much that I just want that much more.
  • I love with abandon, sometimes to my own detriment, and because of that, I’ve been burned, but I still believe. That has made me afraid of being vulnerable and trusting completely. It takes a long time to let someone in. But I promise, if you get there, it will be SO worth it.
  • I’m devoted, caring, giving, and will be there if someone I care for needs me.
  • I can be too negative, but there are certain things in my life that I cannot change (yet) and they have a way of dragging me down. I do my best to find the good stuff and focus on that, but even the most positive people in the world have their moments.
  • I believe that God and the Universe have a plan, and I am a child of destiny. I’d like to know what that destiny is (there’s the chronic thinker worrier talking) but wouldn’t we all like to know that!?
  • I am a believer in fate, and I refuse to let go of my hopes and dreams, but sometimes fear I’m beating my head against a brick wall. Yet, my stubbornness keeps me going and believing.

There you have me, in a nutshell. A little mental, some might say crazy, but it is who I am, and what makes me different than anyone you will meet!

No comments:

Post a Comment